Canine Wellness Care
Annual wellness exams are the best way to prevent illness and disease, assuring a longer, happier life for your pet. Your dog’s wellness exam is the perfect time to discuss your questions and concerns regarding your dog’s current health condition. During the wellness exam, we will discuss vaccines, nutrition, allergies, dental care (including at-home dental care), and other issues that may be affecting your dog such as lifestyle or age related changes.
Comprehensive Wellness Exams
Our wellness exams include:
- A full review of your dog’s medical history
- Assessment of your dog’s current health condition
- A complete physical examination
- A thorough dental evaluation
- Parasite screening
- Personalized vaccinations
- Advice on heartworm, flea, and tick preventatives
- Addressing your dog’s nutritional needs, behavioral issues, or other concerns
Preparing Your Dog for Their Visit
On the day of your dog’s wellness appointment, we ask that you bring in a stool sample (ideally less than twelve hours old) with your dog on a leash. It is also helpful to bring medical files such as vaccination records if this is your dog’s first visit with us. At Alberta Veterinary Care, our wellness care programs are tailored specifically for your dog to address his or her individual needs. We understand that every dog has a different lifestyle and needs special consideration regarding their veterinary care.
Call our office today to schedule an appointment for your dog’s wellness exam.